1. Character Design: Creating original and visually striking characters for films, TV shows, or video games.
2. Environment Design: Designing captivating and immersive digital environments for various media.
3. 3D Modeling: Constructing detailed 3D models of characters, objects, and environments.
4. Texturing and Shading: Applying realistic or stylized textures and surface properties to 3D models.
5. Rigging: Setting up digital skeletons and controls to enable smooth and lifelike character movements.
6. Animation: Bringing characters, creatures, and objects to life through skilled animation techniques.
7. Motion Capture Cleanup: Cleaning up and refining motion capture data to ensure accurate and seamless integration.
8. Visual Effects Simulation: Creating dynamic simulations for various elements like water, fire, smoke, and cloth.
9. Particle Effects: Designing and implementing particle systems for various visual effects.
10. Matte Painting: Crafting realistic or fantastical digital paintings to enhance live-action footage.
11. Compositing: Seamlessly blending various elements together to create a final, cohesive shot.
12. Green Screen Keying: Extracting subjects from green screen backgrounds and integrating them into new environments.
13. Camera Tracking: Matching CG elements to live-action camera movements for realistic integration.
14. Set Extension: Extending physical sets digitally to achieve grander or more expansive environments.
15. Virtual Cinematography: Planning and executing virtual camera movements within 3D environments.
16. Beauty Retouching: Enhancing the appearance of actors or objects for a polished final look.
17. Crowd Simulation: Creating vast crowds of digital characters to fill scenes realistically.
18. Creature Animation: Animating complex creature movements and behaviors.
19. Destruction Effects: Simulating and animating destruction and demolition sequences.
20. Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR): Developing interactive visual effects experiences for AR and VR applications.
These services represent only a portion of the many skills and talents that visual effects artists possess. Depending on the project's requirements and the artist's expertise, they may specialize in certain areas or offer a combination of these services to achieve the desired visual storytelling.